In my opinion, this should not be a problem - I doubt you would notice any
non-trivial performance hit or even care.  The I/O going to/from your backend
data store (in addition to the data processing performed in the DB) will be the
performance bottleneck and probably be orders of magnitude above that which
your DAO will introduce.

Worry about hitting the database and the I/O that introduces more than adding a
DAO layer.  A DAO layer above your entity beans is "a good thing".

'course, all of this is IMHO. :-)

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3929119#3929119

Reply to the post :