So here's what I've done:

I have JBoss 3.0.8 running on RedHat 7.3 with JDK 1.4.2_10.  I have a client
that connects to JBoss with the following code:

      Properties props = new Properties();
  |       props.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,
"org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory");
  |       props.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL, "jnp://yeager:1099");
  |
  |       System.out.println("In remote call");
  |       InitialContext ic = new InitialContext(props);
  |       System.out.println("ic: " + ic);
  |       Object obj = ic.lookup("jmx/rmi/RMIAdaptor");
  |       System.out.println("obj: " + obj.getClass().getName());
  |       org.jboss.jmx.adaptor.rmi.RMIAdaptorImpl_Stub server = (
org.jboss.jmx.adaptor.rmi.RMIAdaptorImpl_Stub) obj;
  |       System.out.println("server: " + server);
  |
  |       ObjectName objName = new ObjectName("jboss.j2ee:jndiName=" + name +
",service=EJB");
  |       System.out.println("objName: " + objName);
  |       server.invoke(...);

When the client runs on the same box as the JBoss server, everything works
fine.  When I move the client to a Windows XP box running JDK 1.4.2_10, I get
the following output that ends in a ClassCastException:

In remote call
ic: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
obj: org.jboss.jmx.adaptor.rmi.RMIAdaptorImpl_Stub

As you can see, the object coming back from the InitialContext is an
RMIAdaptorImpl_Stub and that's what I cast it to, but I still get the
ClassCastException.

What's going on here?

Thanx in advance.

Norton