We are using SQLServer 7.0, will likely switch to SQLServer 2000 in
production.

Alex

|--------+-------------------------------------->
|        |          "C Murphy @ Intechtual"     |
|        |          <cmurphy                    |
|        |          Sent by:                    |
|        |          [EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|        |          eforge.net                  |
|        |                                      |
|        |                                      |
|        |          08/01/01 09:46 AM           |
|        |          Please respond to jboss-user|
|        |                                      |
|--------+-------------------------------------->

>-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |       To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                 |
  |       cc:
                 |
  |       Subject:     Re: Re: [JBoss-user] JBoss and JDO
                 |

>-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

If I may ask, what RDB are you using behind Castor's JDO implementation on
your project?

Thanks
Chris Murphy

On Tue, 31 Jul 2001 21:18:11 -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I wholeheartedly agree with this article. I am on a project where we
> originally were using entity beans, but we switched to using JDO because
> they are much easier to program with a LOT less overhead. Most of the
time
> developers end up writing dependent objects for entity beans anyway, so
why
> not just program like that from the start? Actually, I haven't seen any
> situations where I would use entity beans over JDO (and would love it if
> someone could suggest why I would). All the hype over CMP 2.0 seems way
> overdone considering JDO has provided relationships for a while.
>
> The good news is that JBoss does support JDO! It uses the Castor plugin
> (note Castor isn't a Sun-compatible JDO implementation, but it works
> great). Check out http://www.jboss.org/jboss-castor.jsp. Castor is easy
> use, and it integrates right into a J2EE server like JBoss (for example,
it
> will use the resource manager and transaction attributes of the method
> under which it is called).
>
> Alex
>

>                     "Paul McLachlan"
>                     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                  To:
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>                     Sent by:                            cc:
>                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]        Subject:
[JBoss-user] JBoss and JDO