Just as an additional comment, check out my topic that seems to be related:

http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=76709

My test case is using Apache AXIS, using "WSDL2Java" to create a client stub
from a simple webservice that accepts a string and returns that same string.

When testing portions of the Unicode set, and AXIS generates a character
sequence starting with an ampersand, an "invalid byte sequence" error is
returned.

As you can see by the reply to my post, it was suggested that I have to encode
this string before sending, however, I have not seen any reference to the
character sequence of ampersand, pound, "x", "A0",";" being invalid anywhere
else.

Just an observation.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3929868#3929868