that's an excellent point.

thanks scott

----- Original Message -----
From: "Scott M Stark" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2001 5:13 PM
Subject: Re: [JBoss-user] configuring Log4J

Yes it is possible. How do you think a file based JDBC database like
cloudscape
accesses its data when accessed by an EJB? Its ok because it is providing
a transacted interface to the data via JDBC. If you don't need your logging
be part of the bean transaction then log to a file using log4j. If you do,
then
you would have to configure the log4j appenders to use JDBC or JMS and
through app server resource managers.