I just wanted to ask as to the intended behavior if this bug were to be fixed.
From what I understand from the EJB3 specs.. if an entity bean becomes
serialized, it becomes detached and there is no responsibility for the
container to ensure any binding after that.  I am assuming with the
SerializableProxy, that the hibernate team is attempting to allow the bean to
remain live even though it is remote (ie, lazily fetching associations remotely
through the proxy).  Is this the goal here?  Is this what is expected as per
the spec?  I can understand it would be a nice feature to have, but I guess I'm
just looking for clarification on this as it seems that this is an unecessary
bug to have to deal with.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3930882#3930882

Reply to the post :