I am a newcomer to JBoss product.

Here is my env:
MySQL database server version: mysql-5.0.19
Java version 1.4.2_08-b03
JBoss AS 4.0.3SP1(build: CVSTag=JBoss_4_0_3_SP1)
JBoss Portal 2.2.1RC3

1.From yestoday I downloaded jboss-portal in form of binary and tried to deploy
in jboss AS ,now there is no error found in server.log,but when I
acessed it by use this : http://localhost:8080/portal/,I've got an error as
follows:
javax.servlet.ServletException: No layout found for layout id generic

org.jboss.portal.server.servlet.PortalServlet.doGet(PortalServlet.java:227)
        javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:697)
        javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)

org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:81)

2.I think there maybe something wrong with the binary code,then I tried to
build it from source,_default:compile-classes:

[javac] Compiling 115 source files to D:\open
source\new\JBoss\Portal\jboss-portal-2.2.1RC3-src\common\output\classes
[execmodules] javac: 1.4 ???? VM ????????
[execmodules] ???: javac  <source files>got following error:

could anybody tell me if there is anything wrong with version of my JDK?
I saw from the guide that JDK 1.4 or higher (1.4.2 is recommended).
Thanks in advance for your help.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3931257#3931257

Reply to the post :