"tromanowski" wrote :
  | The latest JBoss documentation (including forum postings & wiki) suggest
that an ear containing a war file and ejb 3.0 entities in a separate jar file
should work, as long as the ejb3.0 jar file has a proper persistence.xml file
in its MAN-INF directory.  Is this still the case?  That's what I've been
using, but my beans are still not being registered.

  | Is anyone that is using the current Jboss EJB 3.0 release building and
deploying an ear?  Would you please post the structure of your ear?

  | I've found a potential solution here:
  | http://weblogs.java.net/blog/ss141213/archive/2005/12/using_java_pers.html
  |
  | There, glassfish is used, but it looks like the ear structure (with a lib
directory, no application.xml file, separate war and ejb jar files) is generic
and should be portable to any compliant platform.  Is there a reason this
configuration won't work with JBoss 4.0.4RC1 or later?

  | I'll be trying the configuration recommended in the blog above after some
rest, but would appreciate any useful input anyone may have.

EAR deployments IMO are tricky, i.e. its not like a WAR where the servlet spec
spells out where to but libraries and how the app server is suppose to use them
(lib gets the first crack before any parent classloaders).

Since I believe JBoss currently doesn't support J2EE 5 spec regarding EARs,
there is no EAR/lib file to stick jars.

As already suggested, you can stick your entities into one jar file and list it
as a module in your application.xml.  That's probably the best way to share
them across the various modules within your EAR file.

Finally, you (everyone) should get warm and fuzzy with these Wiki pages:

http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=ClassLoadingOverview

Especially regarding EAR isoloation and classloading namespaces.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3931342#3931342

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3931342