I have modified the SeamPhaseListener so every phase is entered only once by
adding a ThreadLocal innerclass to preserve order and ignore dupe calls. So no
need to uncomment the StartupServletContextblabla anymore - as it leads to an
ugly trace on deploy anyway.

Now, that allows everything to work nicely outside of the portal, when deployed
alongside the portal. However, inside the portal, it is still failing and it
appears all context objects are null:

  | 13:43:28,609 ERROR [MyFacesGenericPortlet] The portlet threw an exception
  | java.lang.IllegalStateException: No active session context
  |         at
org.jboss.seam.core.LocaleSelector.instance(LocaleSelector.java:119)
  |         at
org.jboss.seam.jsf.SeamViewHandler.calculateLocale(SeamViewHandler.java:24)
  |         at
org.apache.myfaces.application.jsp.JspViewHandlerImpl.createView(JspViewHandlerImpl.java:130)
  |         at
org.jboss.seam.jsf.SeamViewHandler.createView(SeamViewHandler.java:35)
  |         at
org.jboss.seam.jsf.SeamViewHandler.createView(SeamViewHandler.java:35)
  |         at
org.apache.myfaces.portlet.MyFacesGenericPortlet.nonFacesRequest(MyFacesGenericPortlet.java:320)
  |         at
org.apache.myfaces.portlet.MyFacesGenericPortlet.nonFacesRequest(MyFacesGenericPortlet.java:298)
  |         at
org.apache.myfaces.portlet.MyFacesGenericPortlet.facesRender(MyFacesGenericPortlet.java:380)
  |         at
org.apache.myfaces.portlet.MyFacesGenericPortlet.doView(MyFacesGenericPortlet.java:266)
  |         at javax.portlet.GenericPortlet.doDispatch(GenericPortlet.java:167)
  |         at javax.portlet.GenericPortlet.render(GenericPortlet.java:407)

This is hapenning after the portal dispatched to myfacesportlet. Tracing the
code, I see all context objects are null. The SeamPhaseListener is never hit,
nor is the contexts.Lifecycle class.

Obviously I'm missing some data on how Seam handles its context creation, and
why inside a portal environment all of it is nulled. I was thinking it was the
portal's redirect response, but it appears that not even the initial request is
being processed correctly in Seam.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3931699#3931699

Reply to the post :