Hi,

I am trying to deploy a JSF JSR 168 portlet to JBoss Portal 2.2.1 RC3.
The Portlet I am trying to deploy is a Sun RI example (guess number JSF
portlet). I am using this as it is Sun RI portlets I hope to deploy.

I am getting an exception on deployment that mentions a MyFaces class ??
strange. I read somehwhere that I should remove the bundled myfaces jars - I
did to no avail.

Stan Silverts excellent presentation at JavaOne last year made it seem very
simple to adapt a JSF app and deploy it as a JSR 168 portlet to JBoss. Sadly I
am failing. Does anyone have more detailed instructions ?

Has anyone managed to deploy the example I mentioned - guess-number-jsf-portlet
from Sun.

The exception I get is

  | javax.faces.FacesException: java.lang.ClassCastException:
org.apache.myfaces.renderkit.html.ext.HtmlButtonRenderer
  |     at
com.sun.faces.config.ConfigureListener.contextInitialized(ConfigureListener.java:324)
  |     at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:3692)
  | :
  | :
  | :

I would really appreciate any help available. I am new to portlets and JSF so I
am have a hell of a time trying to get it all to gel. Some post say the
integration (JSF/JSR168) is simple but others paint a bleak picture.

regards,
pj

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3932864#3932864