Hi,

I have a set of entitites deployed on the server, with stateless session facade
beans for communications with remote clients (using value objects). My
entity-specific DAOs were injected in the session facades using @EJB annotation.
I'm now in position of using this model in a web-app that will be deployed on
the same server. Now, I was hoping that if the client app is now residing on
the same server (same VM and everything) I would now have direct access to the
model entities graph and that I wouldn't have to use value objects anymore. But
I was unable to inject the DAOs in my (JSF) view beans; if I obtain them by
JNDI, I still can't use lazy collections transparently so that means that I
haven't made my life any easier and I could just as well use my old
value-objects based interfaces.

Sorry for the long post, hope you're still with me. My questions are:

0) am I doing anything wrong?
1) can I inject my DAOs in my web-app's view beans? how?
2) can I use the model graph in my web-app directly, without having to do
special workarounds for lazy collections? how?
3) what is a "best practice" for this kind of situation?

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3933114#3933114

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3933114