Hi
  I am new to JBoss. I am having a problem accessing the "ConnectionFactory" to
send a Message to Queue.

The code i have used is below:

    InitialContext ctx;
    QueueConnectionFactory cf;
    QueueConnection connection;
    QueueSession session;
    Queue destination;
    QueueSender sender;
    TextMessage message;

    MessageToQueue mtq = new MessageToQueue();
    ctx= mtq.getInitialContext();

    cf = (QueueConnectionFactory)ctx.lookup("ConnectionFactory");
    destination = (Queue)ctx.lookup("advantJMS");

My getInitialContext() method is having the following code:

protected InitialContext getInitialContext() throws Exception {
    String url = "jnp://localhost:1099";     //specify the host name where
JBoss is running on
    String user = null;
    String password = null;
    Properties properties = null;
    try {
      properties = new Properties();
      properties.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,
"org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory"); //JBoss Naming Context
      properties.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL, url);
      properties.put(Context.URL_PKG_PREFIXES,
"org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces");
      if (user != null) {
        properties.put(Context.SECURITY_PRINCIPAL, user);
        properties.put(Context.SECURITY_CREDENTIALS, password == null ? "" :
password);
      }

      return new InitialContext(properties);
    }
    catch(Exception e) {
      System.out.println("Unable to connect to JBoss server at " + url);
      System.out.println("Please make sure that the server is running.");
      throw e;
    }

The error I am getting on is

javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: ConnectionFactory not bound
        at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getBinding(NamingServer.java:491)
        at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getBinding(NamingServer.java:499)
        at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getObject(NamingServer.java:505)
        at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.lookup(NamingServer.java:278)
        at
        at
        at sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(UnicastServerRef.java:261)
        at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Transport.java:144)
        at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(TCPTransport.java:460)
        at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(TCPTransport.java:701)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
        at
sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.exceptionReceivedFromServer(StreamRemoteCall.java:247)
        at
sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.executeCall(StreamRemoteCall.java:223)
        at org.jnp.server.NamingServer_Stub.lookup(Unknown Source)
        at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:610)
        at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:572)
        at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:347)
        at MessageToQueue.main(MessageToQueue.java:32)
        at
        at

http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3933586#3933586

Reply to the post :