cooliluv,

I got the guess number sample working by 'converting' it to MyFaces. that is
1) changed the portlet.xml to use MyFacesGenericPortlet instead of the sun
FacesPortlet.
2) changed the init-param  to default-view

  |         <description>JSF GuessNumber Portlet</description>
  |         <portlet-name>guessNumber</portlet-name>
  |         <display-name>JSF GuessNumber Portlet</display-name>

<portlet-class>org.apache.myfaces.portlet.MyFacesGenericPortlet</portlet-class>

  |         <init-param>
  |     <description>Portlet init page</description>
  |         <name>default-view</name>
  |     <value>/greeting.jsp</value>
  |         </init-param>

3) changed the  in web.xml to

  | <listener>
<listener-class>org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener</listener-class>
  | </listener>

4) removed the Sun Jars (jsf-impl and jsf-api) from the war. it will use the
MyFaces jars bundled with JBoss.

5) it works.

My problem still is that I have other Sun RI apps that I want to use with JBoss
and leave as Sun RI JSF. The wiki says you just remove the MyFaces jars from
JBoss but this 'breaks' JBoss - it uses them itself.

any solution ?

/pj

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3933616#3933616