"richie-lea" wrote : There is a java.lang.ClassCastException:
ejb.persistence.User.

  | My servlet code is:
  |     private void showUser(HttpServletRequest request,
  |   |                         HttpServletResponse response) {
  |   |                 try {
  |   |                         InitialContext ctx = new InitialContext();
  |   |                         userSession = (userSession)
ctx.lookup("userSessionBean/local");
  |   |                 } catch (Exception e) {
  |   |                         e.printStackTrace();
  |   |                 }
  |   |
  |   |                 Collection<User> auser = userSession.getUsers();
  |   |                 if (auser != null)
  |   |                         for (User user : auser) {
  |   |                                 System.out.println("User name : " +
user.getName());
  |   |                                 System.out.println("User id : " +
user.getId());
  |   |                                 System.out.println("User mgs : " +
user.getMessage());
  |   |                         }
  |   |         }
  | userSessionBean/local getUsers method code is:
  |
  |   |         public Collection<User> getUsers() {
  |   |                 // TODO Auto-generated method stub
  |   |                 return em.createQuery("from User u").getResultList();
  |   |         }
  |
  | My ejb.persistence.User class is:
  |
  |   | package ejb.persistence;
  |   |
  |   | import javax.persistence.*;
  |   |
  |   | @Entity
  |   | @Table(name = "user")
  |   | public class User {
  |   |         private String name;
  |   |
  |   |         private int id;
  |   |
  |   |         private String message;
  |   |
  |   |         public User() { }
  |   |
  |   |         public User(String name, String message) {
  |   |                 this.name = name;
  |   |                 this.message = message;
  |   |         }
  |   |
  |   |         @Id
  |   |         @GeneratedValue
  |   |         public int getId() {
  |   |                 return id;
  |   |         }
  |   |
  |   |         public void setId(int id) {
  |   |                 this.id = id;
  |   |         }
  |   |
  |   |         public String getMessage() {
  |   |                 return message;
  |   |         }
  |   |
  |   |         public void setMessage(String message) {
  |   |                 this.message = message;
  |   |         }
  |   |
  |   |         public String getName() {
  |   |                 return name;
  |   |         }
  |   |
  |   |         public void setName(String name) {
  |   |                 this.name = name;
  |   |         }
  |   | }
  |
  | Log msg:
  |
  |   | 06:43:44,937 ERROR [[ejb_servlet]] Servlet.service() for servlet
ejb_servlet threw exception
  |   | java.lang.ClassCastException: ejb.persistence.User
  |   |         at servlet.ejb_servlet.showUser(ejb_servlet.java:51)
  |   |         at servlet.ejb_servlet.doGet(ejb_servlet.java:87)
  |   |         at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:697)
  |   |
  | Sorry for the long post, hope you're still with me. My questions is:
  | Why did the ClassCastException occured?  What's wrong?

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3933885#3933885

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3933885