Hi

I haven't checked this on JBoss but this pattern is consistent with the heap
usage patterns on other containers and application servers.  It is due to the
application server threads running in the background and the objects
allocated/GC'd for that purpose.  This is not something to be concerned about,
unless the amount of heap in use increases over time (ie, look at the heap
usage for each valley before/after GC activity and if this increases, then this
could point to an application server/application leak).  Also, 0-10Mb is not a
particularly large delta so I would not be too concerned here.  If it was going
from 0-100+Mb then I would perform additional analysis.

Since this is JBoss, you may wish to look at the AppServer slimming/tuning wiki
to see if there are any services you can turn off/remove.  This will have an
impact on performance, and probably also on the heap usage.

Hope this helps.

Mark

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3934169#3934169