many thanks for the pointer to that thread, very useful!
(no idea what I search for yesterday since i couldnt find it)

I now managed to start it off, and assign a user to the swimlane

  | //get a swimlane
  | SwimlaneInstance swimLaneInstance =
myTaskMgmtInstance.getSwimlaneInstance("reader");

  | //assign user "donald" as reader
  | swimLaneInstance.setActorId("donald");

after that I call signal() until the process holds at the first task assigned
to that swimlane.

Now I try to call the task list for the user "donald", but I get an exception
thrown at me e=java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException
This is my code for fetching the task list

  |  public List getUserTasks(String uid) {
  |     List myTasks =null;
  |     JbpmContext jbpmContext = jbpmConfiguration.createJbpmContext();
  |
  |     try{
  |         TaskMgmtSession taskMgmtSession = jbpmContext.getTaskMgmtSession();

  |         myTasks = taskMgmtSession.findTaskInstances( uid );
  |     } finally {
  |         jbpmContext.close();
  |     }
  |
  |     return myTasks;
  |     }

If I try to call the tasks assigned to any other uid I get return 0 (which I
would expect since no one else got tasks to do)

Do I need to add a userid somewhere else in jBPM or can I take any string and
pass it on to setActorId(), and jBPM will regard him as a proper user?

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3934280#3934280

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3934280