"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" wrote : I totally agree that this ENC/global JNDI stuff
needs to be standardized in the next rev of the spec. In fact, there are MANY
non-persistence-related items that we had on our wishlist that we simply ran
out of time to do in this release.

Yea!

I have another question since I have some people reading this thread.  This may
not be EJB3 specific but J2EE 5.

What I would also really like to see is a @Main annotation over a class that
defines some known function (like public void main()) under an EAR deployment.
What this would do is after the EAR is deployed and all EJB3's and WAR's are
deployed, this function would be called.  I don't understand why under an EAR
that all flow control seems to be initiated from the web tier.  This seems very
limited.  Maybe there is a way to do this that is NOT app server specific but I
haven't come across it (please let me know if there is a way to do this!!!).

Even though the app server provides IoC, I should still be able to kick start
my stuff from within the deployment and not rely on an external entity.

Maybe I'm way off or no one would find this useful other than me!! :-)!

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3935433#3935433

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3935433