Hi,

the intention was to have a component to which I can bind
any subclass of the abstract class. Which didn't work for the
listed reasons.

The concrete use case is:

The sub classes all have the same fields, thus the form/JSP is also
the same, just the instance used is different. I have a drop down box
for the user to select the kind of instance he wants to create.
The attached action reads this argument and acts as some kind
of factory to create the right object.

I wanted to use one symbolic name for any of these instance
in the form editor action (see above the @In and @Out).
Otherwise I would have had to annotate all the subclasses, and
make a distinction between all of them.

Maybe there is already a better solution for this problem, which I
just didn't see....

Cheers
   Markus

View the original post :