Hi,

I'm trying to add a handler for all web service endpoints, with JBossWS.
I've altered the
/deploy/jbossws.sar/META-INF/standard-jbossws-endpoint-config.xml file, and the
handler seems to be added for the endpoint:

1:25:38,343 DEBUG [ServiceEndpoint] Adding server side handler to service '{htt
://whatever.com/bankwizard}BankWizardServiceEndpointPort':
[class=com.whatever.util.JAXRPCClientExceptionHandler,headers=[],config={}]
1:25:38,343 DEBUG [ServiceEndpoint] Init handler chain with [2] handlers
1:25:38,343 DEBUG [HandlerChainBaseImpl] Create a handler chain for roles: []
1:25:38,343 DEBUG [HandlerChainBaseImpl] init: [config=null]
1:25:38,343 DEBUG [HandlerWrapper] init: com.whatever.ejb.JAXR
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
1:25:38,343 DEBUG [HandlerWrapper] init: com.whatever.util.JAXRPCC
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

However, the handler methods are never invoked at runtime.

The handlers I have either extend GenericHandler or implement the Handler
interface. The config I've used in standard-jbossws-endpoint-config.xml is
below.

  <pre-handler-chain>
      <handler-chain-name>PreHandlerChain</handler-chain-name>

        <j2ee:handler-name>WSExceptionHandlerOutbound</j2ee:handler-name>

<j2ee:handler-class>com.whatever.ejb.JAXRPCServerExceptionHandler</j2ee:handler-class>

        <j2ee:handler-name>WSExceptionHandlerOutbound</j2ee:handler-name>

<j2ee:handler-class>com.whatever.util.JAXRPCClientExceptionHandler</j2ee:handler-class>

    </pre-handler-chain>

The strangest thing is that if I put the same handlers into the
standard-jbossws-client-config.xml, their methods are invoked with no problem
at all.

Can anyone assist?

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3936212#3936212