"johan" wrote : You can let me worry about the "inconsistency":-)
  | The main thing for me is that the "program" sending the signals should not
care whether it is sending the signal to the main process or the sub-process.
You *have* to communicate the id of the processinstance or the id of the token
you want to signal to jBPM. This id must be available to the client program
doing this signal in the first place. I don't see any difference in providing
the id of the 'master' process as opposed to providing the id of a 'sub'
process. For the client program this should be totally transparent.

"johan" wrote : Are you saying I should write my own custom version of a
process-state?
Exactly. The whole idea behind jPDL and jBPM is that we cannot provide all the
constructs to satisfy all the process analists in the world. You can always
plug the node in the GPD afterwards. There are extension points for doing this.

Regards,
Koen

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3936821#3936821