Hi, i am new in JBoss and portal, but i have experience with Tomcat.
I want to setup Portal with my JBoss

I have installed Jboss a i downloaded portal package.

i went through user guide for Portal,
i copied jboss-portal.sar dir and portal-mysql-ds.xml  file to:
C:\Program Files\jboss-4.0.3SP1\server\default\deploy\

My Mysql is running and i create database jbossportal
i have also jdbc driver in jboss lib dir

portal-mysql-ds.xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

  <local-tx-datasource>
    <jndi-name>PortalDS</jndi-name>
    <connection-url>jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/jbossportal</connection-url>
    <driver-class>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</driver-class>
    <user-name>root</user-name>

  </local-tx-datasource>

but when i try 1217.0.0.1:8080/portal

this is shown:
HTTP Status 404 -

type Status report

message

description The requested resource () is not available.

what's wrong with my way?
or where is good tutorial for newbie?
thx

View the original post :