Hi,

I have been trying to establish whether the @Conversational still works with
the s:link. This is a slightly convoluted (and at this point artificial)
description but does highlight my problem.

I have a Stateful bean (x) annotated with @Conversational
(ifNotBegunOutcome="home")

in bean x I have a method doSomething with an xhtml page pointing to this
method with s:link.. something like <s:link action="#{x.doSomething}" />

I also have another bean (y) with a method doSomethingElse where I end the
conversation. Something like <s:link action="#{y.doSomethingElse}"
propagation="end" /> . This link is also on the same xhtml page and returns to
this page (where both links are).

At some point a conversation is started and we end up on the xhtml page.

In theory by selecting the link to y.doSomethingElse the conversation is ended
and we have no current conversation. Then when we select the link to
x.doSomething the @Conversational should kick in and direct me to the "home".
My feeling however is that it does not as the x.doSomething gets invoked.
Obviously there is no conversation stuff left, resulting in lots of NPE's.

In a way I guess the same kind of thing happens when the person is viewing the
xhtml page, but is inactive for some time (enough for the conversation to time
out, but not long enough for the session to expire). When the link to
x.doSomething is clicked it gets invoked instead of the @Conversational
intercepting and redirecting the person (but it is quite difficult to see when
the conversation has actually timed-out).

I will try and build a real (small) application to check if this really is the
case, but I am curious if other "Seamers" have noticed the same behavior with
the @Conversational not intercepting ?

Regards

Louis

View the original post :