Hi all!
I'm having the same problem as described above - using latest seam from cvs,
jboss 4.0.4RC1 and facelets, trying to upload a file (an image  perticularly).
So, I have an entity bean, say a client, with a field of type UploadedFile and
the relevant getters and setters:

  | @Entity
  | @Name("client")
  | @Scope(CONVERSATION)
  | @Table(name="CLIENTS")
  | public class Client implements Serializable{
  |     private UploadedFile uplFile;
  |     public UploadedFile getUplFile() {
  |             return uplFile;
  |     }
  |     public void setUplFile(UploadedFile uplFile) {
  |             this.uplFile = uplFile;
  |         }
  | }

I declared the extensions filter in the web.xml descriptor:

  | <filter>
  |             <filter-name>ExtensionsFilter</filter-name>

<filter-class>org.apache.myfaces.component.html.util.ExtensionsFilter</filter-class>
  |         <init-param>
  |             <param-name>uploadMaxFileSize</param-name>
  |             <param-value>250k</param-value>
  |         </init-param>
  |         <init-param>
  |             <param-name>uploadThresholdSize</param-name>
  |             <param-value>100k</param-value>
  |         </init-param>
  |     </filter>
  |
  |     <filter-mapping>
  |         <filter-name>ExtensionsFilter</filter-name>
  |         <servlet-name>Faces Servlet</servlet-name>
  |     </filter-mapping>
  |
  |     <filter-mapping>
  |         <filter-name>ExtensionsFilter</filter-name>
  |         <url-pattern>/faces/ExtensionResource/*</url-pattern>
  |     </filter-mapping>

Also, I have a stateful session bean with a conversation scope, which injects
the aforementioned client entity bean and, after pressing a button on the page,
persists it in a database, etc.
The problem is, the setter of the UploadedFile is never called and I get a
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: argument type mismatch
I have put the commons-io-1.2.jar and commons-fileupload-1.1.jar archives in
the WEB-INF/lib folder in my war, and also copied the tomahawk.jar in
jbossweb-tomcat55.sar\jsf-libs.
Could anyone, who managed to upload a file using seam and tomahawk components,
please explain in details the steps taken and the nessessary code to do it
properly? Thanks in advance for any feedback (this issue gets me quite
confused). :(

PS: I also noticed that if I dont browse a file and hit the button the setter
does get called and the actions are performed as expected, but, of course, then
I don't have a file uploaded.. I really don't understand :(

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3937692#3937692

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3937692