"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" wrote : as noted in other threads with the same error:
  | the seam code generation does not support composite-id's (yet)

Doh- I searched the forum up and down, but didn't think I was using
composite-id's. (As an aside, I'm using JBoss 4.0.4 CR2, and Seam 1.0 beta2)
Here's the tables I was originally trying to generate from:
CREATE TABLE iplabel
  | (
  |   ip inet,
  |   idns varchar(256),
  |   xdns varchar(256),
  |   sysname text
  | );
  | CREATE TABLE ipmap
  | (
  |   reference_ip inet,
  |   ip inet
  | );
I guess it doesn't like it when there's no primary key defined either (does it
just try to make all columns into a composite-id in that case?) Any thoughts on
how this will be handled (if at all) by the code generation tool? (There's
unfortunately quite a few legacy schemas out there that weren't designed all
that well- in this case it's looking like I'll be re-writing the schema
anyhow... but you can't always do that)

So, then I created a few test tables:

  | CREATE TABLE users
  | (
  |   id bigserial NOT NULL,
  |   username text NOT NULL,
  |   "password" text NOT NULL,
  |   fname text,
  |   lname text,
  |   email text,
  |   CONSTRAINT users_id_pk PRIMARY KEY (id),
  |   CONSTRAINT username_unq UNIQUE (username)
  | );
  | CREATE TABLE groups
  | (
  |   id bigserial NOT NULL,
  |   name text,
  |   description text,
  |   CONSTRAINT groups_id_pk PRIMARY KEY (id)
  | );
  | CREATE TABLE users_groups
  | (
  |   user_id int8 NOT NULL,
  |   group_id int8 NOT NULL,
  |   CONSTRAINT fk_group_id FOREIGN KEY (group_id)
  |       REFERENCES groups (id)
  |       ON UPDATE NO ACTION ON DELETE CASCADE,
  |   CONSTRAINT fk_user_id FOREIGN KEY (user_id)
  |       REFERENCES users (id)
  |       ON UPDATE NO ACTION ON DELETE CASCADE,
  |   CONSTRAINT user_group_unq UNIQUE (user_id, group_id)
  | );

And sure enough, it generates fine when I take out the user_group table.  I'm
sure you've been asked this before, but I don't think I've seen a recent
update- any thoughts on when composite-id's will be included in the generation
tool? (Either way, it's a nice jump-start for applications that need to do a
lot of CRUD ops..)

I was able to build and deploy the app fine, but when I click on any of the
links (search or add new) I get exceptions- the one below happens when clicking
on search:
  | javax.servlet.ServletException: Cannot get value for expression
'#{usersFinder.example.id}'

org.jboss.seam.servlet.SeamExceptionFilter.doFilter(SeamExceptionFilter.java:51)

org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)

Off to search the forums again...

Thanks for the help- and I'm looking forward to using Seam- it looks like it'll
make life much easier than just Struts and Hibernate...

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3937707#3937707

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3937707