Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, I count the elapsed time interval between the 2 calls and the total cpu
usage in this time interval. The no of CPUs is as reported by the jboss
web-console, home page (Hardware section)

The JVM i'm using is

java version "1.5.0_05"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_05-b05)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_05-b05, mixed mode, sharing)

For example for a particular 2 minute interval the values I get are as follows

total thread cpu usage in 2 mins -->298760 ms, elapsed cpu time-->120,000 * 2
(no of cpus) = 240000 ms that results in

(298760 / 240000 ) * 100 = 124%

I thought of making this monitoring OS independent, and so looked for a method
to get the cpu usage from the JVM. I guess there's no other way to acquire the
cpu usage from the JVM directly.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3937768#3937768

Reply to the post :