I agree - updating a db on processing of each message doesn't sound a very
scaleable solution.

Having a consumer update the db after having processed 1000 messages/sec seems
somewhat better but I still don't understand why you'd need a special "counter
message" to do this - can the consumer not keep count itself?

Another solution would be to send a special "progress" message to another queue
when the listener has processed 1000 or 10000 messages (or whatever).

You're application could then inspect the "progress" queue to see the current
progress. The progress messages could perhaps be non-persistent (depending on
your application requirements) so not requiring any db hits (unless you have a
lot of them)

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3938160#3938160

Reply to the post :