From: Paul McLachlan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2001 2:08 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [JBoss-user] NPE: org.jboss.pool.jdbc.xa.wrapper.XADataSourceImpl - Oracle8i and JBoss2.4.0

Thanks Dragos, I wish that were enough .

My setup is currently:

  <mbean code="org.jboss.jdbc.JdbcProvider" name="DefaultDomain:service=JdbcProvider">
     <attribute name="Drivers">oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver</attribute>
  </mbean>

  <mbean code="org.jboss.jdbc.XADataSourceLoader" name="DefaultDomain:service=XADataSource,name=OracleDS">
    <attribute name="PoolName">OracleDS</attribute>
    <attribute name="DataSourceClass">org.jboss.pool.jdbc.xa.wrapper.XADataSourceImpl</attribute>
    <attribute name="URL">jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:jbossb</attribute>
    <attribute name="JDBCUser">xxx</attribute>
    <attribute name="Password">yyy</attribute>
  </mbean>
I have the drivers in classes12.zip in lib/ext

I still get an NPE at

[XADataSourceLoader] Stopped
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.jboss.pool.jdbc.xa.XAPoolDataSource.getConnection(XAPoolDataSource.java:178)

I cannot afford to spend anymore time on this, I never thought at this stage of the project I would run into an issue like this. Unbelievable. Luckily I have convinced my boss that HypersonicDB will suffice for now until a future release.

Paul.