I too found the errors discussed in this thread.

I have J2SE_5.0 and J2EE_1.4 installed with JBoss 4.0.4RC1.  I installed the
JBoss_Portal2.2RC1 and it failed.
I tested this on 4 different machines running windows with drastically
different setups and all have the same affect.

I cleared everything out and installed JBossPortal 2.2 and it worked.

The main error that occurs is not related to the mailer, nor the deployer.  I
have traced one as far as the:
org.jboss.portal.theme.deployment.jboss.LayoutDeployment.addLayouts method
Which is attempting to load the tag library for the local contexts.  It is the
only place that is attempting to load the file that is not in the logger.  I
have not had the time ot debug this; however, it is quite unusual to me to see
this kind of resource loading for a tld.  I would like to know the reasoning
for it out of curiousity.   Until its fixed along with the other related errors
to this which seem to be path related I am afraid that the 2.2RC1 is not
release ready.

For now I will use JBoss Portal 2.2 which works fine on all configurations of
machines I have tried so far.
PentiumIII, Pentium4(several variants) AMD32 & AMD64.

Good night and Good Luck

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3938796#3938796

Reply to the post :