We have a problem when we performance test our application.

When we run our Jboss app with a high load; 80-100% CPU load for more than
20-40 minutes, the whole Java process with Jboss hangs.
Mostly it accepts no connection at all. Sometimes it allows http connection to
the default webapp but no connection to our application.
The only way to stop Jboss is through kill -9.

We have an enterprise application consisting of several stateless session
Beans. We are using Hibenate for persistance and Spring for configuration.

Hibernate version 3.0.5
Jboss version is 4.0.3SP1,
Java version 1.5.0_06,
Oracle JDBC driver 10.2.0.1,
OS Red Hat ES3, (kernel 2.4.21).
The Oracle database is on a separate server.

I have successfully run Jboss and our application on slower servers (Windows XP
and Suse Linux 10) with no problem.

Is this a known problem, and more to the point; is this an operating system
specific problem?

Börje Jonsson

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3939178#3939178