"asack" wrote : "andber" wrote : "asack" wrote :
  |   |   | For example this is what I have in my current project:
  |   |   |
  |   |   | EAR isolation turned on (java2Parent delegation is on as well)
  |   |   |
  |   |   | deploy:
  |   |   | my-lib.jar (has global scope across deployments)
  |   |   | my-module-1.ear
  |   |   |             my1.jar (MANIFEST.MF has Class-Path:
lib/optional-lib.jar)
  |   |   |             lib/optional-lib.jar
  |   |   | my-module-2.ear
  |   |   |             my2.jar (MANIFEST.MF has Class-Path:
lib/optional-lib1.jar)
  |   |   |             my3.war (libraries are picked up from WEB-INF/lib
according to                 Servlet spec, I could put a MANIFEST.MF entry here
as well if optional-lib1.jar was needed by the WAR and was NOT in WEB-INF/lib)
  |   |   |             lib/optional-lib1.jar
  |   |   |
  |   |   | Works like a champ for me.  I'm using local interfaces since
remoting seems like overkill to me within the same VM (not to mention dirt
slow).
  |   |   |
  |   |
  |   | I would prefer not having to deploy separate jar-files since that is
not a standard J2EE option.
  |   |
  |   | When you are referring to lib/optional-lib.jar are you then referring
to the lib of the jboss server? I guess so since my-module-2.ear doesn't have a
lib/ but the my2.jar is referring to lib/ in the class-path..?
  |   |
  |   |
  |   | If you have to deploy separate jar-files to make the case with two ears
(where one of the ears is calling the other ears session beans) work then I am
beginning to consider this to be a BUG in JBOSS.
  |   | Note that it seems to be related to using the isolated classpath for
ears, when not using isolation it works but I can't run without isolation (and
can't think of why anyone would like to..).
  |   |
  |   |
  |   | (Another note not related to this problem but more a note on what I
think is a bug in JBOSS; even if you use isolation you are not allowed to have
your own instance of commons-logging in the application..!!)

  | Since commons-logging is part of the platform (like dom4j) it is certainly
not a bug according to J2EE 1.4 Seciton 8.2.

  | HAving a separate jar-file is better since you don't have dupliate classes
all over the place.  Moreover, it has nothing to do with J2EE per say.

  | If you want to include the same jar file and remote that's fine.  Make sure
your objects are serializable when you pass them back and forth.  I believe you
can't have one jar file packaged in an EAR with isolation on and expect the
other EAR to pick it up.  Either share them by yanking them out like so:

  | http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=HotDeployClassCastExceptions
  |
  | or including them with both EARs and remoting between them (slower but can
avoid some of the classloading issues).

  | I may not be understanding your use case exactly but I believe the
Class-Path strategy, remoting, or the library jar shared globally by sticking
in deploy will just work (it does for me).

Hi, it is possible that the global jar in deploy could work but I don't want
that solution because it is not supported by any other application server and
is not the standard way to package j2ee-applications.

My problem is that app2 which has a webapp that calls a sessionbean in app1
gets a classcastexception when doing the call. Both ears have the jar-file with
app1 interfaces included..

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3939229#3939229

Reply to the post :