I am writing a web application that allows the logged user to choose one of
some available transitions for a pending task, as in the websale sample.
There is a task node (TaskAlfa) that will be assigned to two actors A and B by
using the setPooledActors method in an AssignmentHandler.
The problem is that I want the available transitions to be different for each
actor. Specifically, actor A should have three possible transitions (t1, t2 and
t3) and actor B only one of them (t1).
How can this be accomplished? I have thought of two possible solutions:

1. Assign the three transitions to the task node and decide at the webapp bean
code, after using TaskInstance.getAvailableTransitions, if we are at the
special case (actor B in TaskAlfa), and therefore render command buttons for
the three transitions or only for one of them.

2. Add a fork and create two tasks (TaskAlfa, TaskBeta) instead of one, the
first one assigned to actor A with three leaving transitions, the second one
assigned to actor B with one transition. When either task is finished, I must
find the way to "kill" the waiting token at the other task, so the process
instance may continue.

I find both solutions pretty awkward. Is there a more elegant way to implement
what I need?

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3939298#3939298

Reply to the post :