Hello,

I package a portal instance in an EAR, which includes some portlets(WAR),
EJB3s(JAR) and some common libraries that share with all the portlets and EJB3.

The following is the structure of the EAR:

  | * myportal.ear
  |    + META-INF
  |        - application.xml
  |        - jboss-app.xml
  |     + myportal.war (main portal instance)
  |     + portlet1.war (extra portlet)
  |     - testejb3.jar
  |     - commonlib.jar

portlet1-pages.xml

  | <pages>
  |     <portal-name>myportal</portal-name>
  |     <page>
  |         <page-name>foobar</page-name>
  |         <window>
  |             <window-name>MyPortletWindow</window-name>
  |             <instance-ref>portlet1.portlet1.MyPortletInstance</instance-ref>
  |             <default>true</default>
  |             <region>center</region>
  |             <height>1</height>
  |         </window>
  |     </page>
  | </pages>

portlet1-object.xml

  | <deployments>
  |     <deployment>
  |         <if-exists>overwrite</if-exists>
  |         <parent-ref>myportal</parent-ref>
  |         <page>
  |             <page-name>foobar</page-name>
  |             <window>
  |                 <window-name>MyPortletWindow</window-name>
  |                 <instance-ref>MyPortletInstance</instance-ref>
  |                 <region>center</region>
  |                 <height>1</height>
  |             </window>
  |         </page>
  |     </deployment>
  |     <deployment>
  |         <if-exists>overwrite</if-exists>
  |         <instance>
  |             <instance-name>MyPortletInstance</instance-name>
  |             <component-ref>portlet1.portle1</component-ref>
  |         </instance>
  |     </deployment>
  | </deployments>

portlet-instances.xml

  | <?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?>
  | <instances>
  |     <instance>
  |         <instance-name>MyPortletInstance</instance-name>
  |         <component-ref>portlet1.portlet1</component-ref>
  |     </instance>
  | </instances>

But it did not success show the "portlet1" and it did not show any exception.

Anything I missed or wrong configuration ?
Please help !!

Best regards,
Eric

View the original post :