well,

the transition to a previously left node was in fact taken, but the task which
was binded to this node was declared ended (by a taskInstance.cancel() ) as
soon as we entered into the node. The default transition was immediatly fired.
The SQL error came when comitting the transaction : the second node should be
updated before being created (or somthing like that), that's why I had my
deadlock (SQL error 1205). The deadlock prevents the transaction to be
completed leading to a rollback. That's why I had the impression to stay in the
same node.
I removed the cancel of the task which had no reason to be here (and modified a
bit the task to have the behaviour actually wanted by the users).

I hope it may help you,

Eric

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3939787#3939787