Here is what I get if I try and use the login module in the normal way for JBMS:

2006-05-02 16:39:46,797 TRACE
[org.jboss.security.auth.login.XMLLoginConfigImpl] Begin
getAppConfigurationEntry(jbms), size=9
  | 2006-05-02 16:39:46,797 TRACE
[org.jboss.security.auth.login.XMLLoginConfigImpl] End
getAppConfigurationEntry(jbms), authInfo=AppConfigurationEntry[]:
  | [0]
  | LoginModule Class: org.jboss.security.auth.spi.UserRolesLoginModule
  | ControlFlag: LoginModuleControlFlag: required
  | name=usersProperties, value=jbms-users.properties
  | name=unauthenticatedIdentity, value=nobody
  |
  | 2006-05-02 16:39:46,800 ERROR
[org.jboss.mail.userrepository.jaas.JaasUserRepository] Login failed for user
tom

However if I go to the jmx console and do jbms/tom in java.security.Principal
getPrincipal() it goes to jmx-console for no obvious reason (it appears to
ignore the first arguemnt).  Nearly anything else I do from the console does
that as well.

I CAN get an error if I remove the schema tags from the above module-option
tags (on a whim) that it can't load the properties files.  However it appears
that it is just ignoring my arguments.

Any clues?

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3940818#3940818