Total JBoss newbie here (and Eclipse newbie, and EJB newbie, and...yeah, this
is gonna be fun) just trying to check out Seam to see what it's like.  Just
downloaded 1.0.0.CR2.  Problem: I can't get the booking example to run.  At
first, JBOSS complains about ejb-jar.xml thusly:

Could not create deployment:
file:/C:/Java/jboss-4.0.4.CR2/server/default/tmp/deploy/tmp15121jboss-seam-booking.ear-contents/jboss-seam-booking.jar
org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: ejb-jar.xml must either obey the
right xml schema or define a valid DOCTYPE!
        at
org.jboss.metadata.ApplicationMetaData.importEjbJarXml(ApplicationMetaData.java:339)
[further stack trace entries elided]

booking/resources/META-INF/ejb-jar.xml starts right off with <ejb-jar>...no xml
or doctype tags, which looks suspicious to my (very untrained) eye.  If I try
fixing this by cargo-cultingly adding the following to the top:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE ejb-jar PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Enterprise JavaBeans
1.1//EN" "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/ejb-jar_1_1.dtd";>

then I get this complaint instead:

[MainDeployer] Could not create deployment:
file:/C:/Java/jboss-4.0.4.CR2/server/default/tmp/deploy/tmp53340jboss-seam-booking.ear-contents/jboss-seam-booking.jar
org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: expected one enterprise-beans tag
        at org.jboss.metadata.MetaData.getUniqueChild(MetaData.java:113)
[further stack trace elements elided]

I'm guessing that this is also a problem with ejb-jar.xml, which does in fact
contain no "enterprise-beans" tag, unlike most other ejb-jar.xml examples I've
seen.

Is the ejb-jar.xml in the bookings example in the 1.0.0.CR2 release totally
hosed, or am I confused and doing something wrong?  So far my experience with
Seam is very much suggesting "point-oh number, let it slumber"...

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3940864#3940864

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3940864