Now I had a look at WS-Eventing, it seems to be the solution to the problem I
have.
My use case for it is -as I think- quite common. It is from workflow
management, where business processess (e.g. implemented as web services) can
issue user tasks to a web service called task manager (that would be the
publisher). When a user has completed, the process (the subscriber) is
asynchronously informed about that.
In the future, we will implement our processes in BPEL, and also .NET web
services should be able to issue tasks. So the publisher is Java (at the
moment, it is running on JBossWS4EE), and the subscribers can be anything that
is able to interact as a web service client.

Thanks for your information,
Martin

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3941474#3941474