I am not sure whether I got your question right.

But, *-service.xml is used (one of the uses) to deploy your destinations (for
an example, check under, deploy\jboss-messaging.sar\destination-service.xml)

  | <service>
  | <mbean code="org.jboss.jms.server.destination.Queue"
  |       name="jboss.messaging.destination:service=Queue,name=ex"
  |       xmbean-dd="xmdesc/Queue-xmbean.xml">
  |       <depends
optional-attribute-name="ServerPeer">jboss.messaging:service=ServerPeer</depends>
  |    </mbean>
  | </service>

So, if your producer has to send messages to a queue ex, the above file deploys
the respective queue in the messaging server.

Now,if you have a producer or consumer, all it has to do is to find the
destination name from JNDI. So, for example,

  | Destination queue = (Destination) initialContext.lookup("ex");

will look up the previously deployed queue and fire/consume messages
respectively.

so, if I get your question right, you don't need *-service.xml in the classpath
of the client. All the client needs is jndi.properties (if you don't want to
hard code your jndi properties in the code).

Thanks
/K

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3941508#3941508