Actually that topic doesn't portray the situation accurately.

I'm trying to use Hibernate in Eclipse to reverse-engineer a table in our
Oracle 10g database.  Right now I'm just trying to get a list of the tables in
a given schema.  That process is taking FOREVER.  I went into TOAD and looked
at the session browser, and saw that Hibernate is actually analyzing each table
with ESTIMATE STATISTICS.

Why does this need to be done?  It should just need to get the schema.
Estimating statistics looks at data, and some of our tables are huge and so it
takes very long to analyzing each one.

So far the process has been running an hour and could very well eat up the rest
of the afternoon.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3941624#3941624

Reply to the post :