Newbie making great progress thanks to the good docs, but
have a question about the jndi.properties file.

I think I now understand that the CLASSPATH has to have
a directory in it that contains a jndi.properties file. But, in
the provided default jndi.properties file the java.naming.provider.url
is commented out with a comment that says "Do NOT uncomment
this line as it causes in VM calls to go over RMI!". But, in
running the interest example, if I don't have the url defined, I get
the message "No valid context.PROVIDER_URL".

It makes sense to me that you have to have the host url defined
or names can't be resolved, but the comment saying not to put
that there has me confused.

What is the right way to do this?

Thanks.

Frank Morton