Hello,

I have a problem when using javax.transaction.UserTransacion in a
client-app.
Im working with JBoss 2.4.1.
At first the code:

//*****************************************
Object obj = jndiContext.lookup("ejb/eb/UserBean");
UserHome userHome = (UserHome ) javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject.narrow(obj,
UserHome.class);
javax.transaction.UserTransaction
transaction=(javax.transaction.UserTransaction)jndiContext.lookup("UserTrans
action");

transaction.begin();
User user=userHome.create("Test");
user.setPassword("123");
user.setMaxSessions(2);
user.setLanguageId("de");
transaction.commit();
//*****************************************

At first look everything works fine. The (CMP) User-Bean is created and
in the client application I can see the data.
But the data is not commited to the DB. So when I shutdown and restart
JBOSS only the create() call was commited to the DB all other data
is lost. So there's an empty user-record in the db (only name set to
"Test").
During the whole process there are no exceptions thrown, everything
seems to work fine.

Now comes the curious thing. When I comment out transaction.begin() and
transaction.commit() everything is written to the db as it should!

The transaction-attributes of the bean methods are set to Required and
JBOSS container-configuration is left unchanged (default).

Has anyone an idea what this problem is about?

Thanx

Juraj