I have been reading the EE 5 spec and from what i understand, you should be
able to create a lib directory within an ear and all of your ejbs can use jars
in the lib directory without needing to add them to the classpath in the
manifest of my ejb3 jars.

I tried doing that and i get many class not found exceptions for classes in
jars in my lib directory.  Does jboss not support this?

I pulled this from the spec, section 8.2.2.

"2.A .ear file may contain a directory that contains libraries packaged in JAR
files. The library-directory element of the .ear file?s deployment descriptor
contains the name of this directory. If a library-directory element isn?t
specified,
or if the .ear file does not contain a deployment descriptor, the directory
named lib is used. An empty library-directory element may be used to specify
that there is no library directory.
All files in this directory (but not subdirectories) with a .jar extension must
be made available to all components packaged in the EAR file, including
application clients. These libraries may reference other libraries, either
bundled
with the application or installed separately, using any of the techniques
described herein."

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3943819#3943819

Reply to the post :