Hi,
I am not quite sure if this is the correct place to share this but everywhere
else is more incorrect.
I was digging in the jar files that are coming with JBoss 404 GA. I found
something strange that I think that may cause problems.
Javax.xml.namespace.QName class can be found in two different jar files:
jboss404/lib/endorsed/xml-apis.jar and jboss404/lib/namespace.jar. When
decompiling them I found something strange:
Here is snippet from the one in jboss404/lib/endorsed/xml-apis.jar

private static final long serialVersionUID = 0x3d521a30bc76fdffL;

Here is snippet from the one in jboss404/lib/namespace.jar
    static final long serialVersionUID;
  |     ?.
  |     static
  |     {
  |         if(SerialVersion.version == 0)
  |             serialVersionUID = 0x720a1141342f6c5bL;
  |         else
  |             serialVersionUID = 0xca8abbbac9463658L;
  |     }

Correct me if I am wrong but if I use namespace.jar for my client application,
serialization of QName will fail when I communicate with the server. The reason
is that jboss will work with QName from xml-apis.jar loaded from its endorsed
class loader.
Is there any reason for this two different QName classes?
The situation in JBoss 4.0.4 RC1 is the same. I didn?t check CR2.
 Thanks for the attention, Jivko

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3944127#3944127

Reply to the post :