thanks for the quick reply.

We have patched just one line in EARDeployer.java and AbstractWebContainer.java
and it seems to work.

EARDeployer: starting from line 247 (4.0.4src), this will give the possibility
to add directories outside the EAR-package:

  | if (di.isDirectory)
  | {
  |    File f = new File(parentDir, fileName);
  |    //XXX start we added the next line
  |       if(!f.exists()) f = new File(fileName);
  |    //XXX end
  |    sub = new DeploymentInfo(f.toURL(), di, getServer());
  | }

AbstractWebContainer: starting from line 276, this will disable the need for a
webapplication directory to end with ".war":

  | public boolean accepts(DeploymentInfo sdi)
  | {
  |    // Should be checking for .war and .war/
  |    boolean accepts = super.accepts(sdi);
  |
  |    //XXX start, added next line
  |       if( ! accepts ) if ( sdi.webContext!=null ) accepts = true;
  |    //XXX end

http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3944599#3944599

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3944599