You could have added the word transient on the field declaratio, this way
JBossSerialization wont have used it.

I asked you about the version because there were some problems with
JBossSerialization used on JBoss 4.0.4 RCLatest.

I created a testcase serializing a SimpleDateFormat, and it works fine. If you
upgraded your version you would probably have your test working.

Also, just some  TIPs non related to your post:

- be careful on moving SimpleDateFormat to a static class since it's non
multi-thread.

- I actually (as a programmer) would recommend to not use SimpleDateFormat
unless your formatting is stored in a database field since its performance is
pretty bad, hence Apache created some FastDateFormat classes.

Two cents from someone who wrote a Profiler.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3945845#3945845

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3945845