"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" wrote : If you have these kinds of complex requirements it
is probably better to use EJB container-managed persistence contexts.

  | The basic pattern is to have an SFSB driving the conversation, that owns an
extended PC. If you call methods of SLSB DAOs in the same txn, the extended PC
will propoagate. If you don't want the PC to propagate, call a REQUIRES_NEW
method.

  | Make sense?

I have missed the point how SFSB Business component owning EM can control SLSB
DAO which also contains EM. Or this EM from Business SFSB should be passed to
DAO SLSB?

If I have SLSB DAO with not extended persitence context, I can control EM using
EJB3 declarative transactions (requires, requires_new) from business logic SB.
But there is the problem of LazyInitializationException.

If I use SFSB DAO with container managed extended persistence context than I
have 2 disadvantages comparing to Seam managed extended persistence context or
application managed extended persitence context:
    1) Different EM instances will be injected to different DAOs what is not
good if cascades in entities are not used (some design solution can be found
for this problem)
    2) EM cache cleanup strategy because EM scope is session and not
conversation or request.

If I understand correctly container managed extended persistence context only
joins active JTA but you can't control EM using transaction demarcation. e.x.
perform search operation which results are not effected by changed done to
entities and etc.

I'm looking for some extended persistence context which scope is less than
session (like conversation) managing mechanism with transaction and EM
isolation support. It will be useful to reuse some container managed or Seam
managed mechanism instead of implementing own application managed.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3946197#3946197

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3946197