Hi I have a some questions about seting up the hibernate 2nd level Chach. I
read some docu on this and mainly followed the
http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=JBossCacheHibernate
I am using 4.0.4.GA all.
When I use the hibernate-recommended-config.xml from the cache package (renamed
to TreeCache-service.xml) I get an exception:

  | 18:02:41,640 INFO  [ServiceConfigurator] Problem configuring service
jboss.cache
  | :service=MyTreeCache
  | org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: Exception setting attribute
javax.mana
  | [EMAIL PROTECTED] on mbean jboss.cache:service=MyTreeCache; - nested thro
  | wable: (java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: setCacheMode(): caching mode -1
is i
  | nvalid)
  |         at
org.jboss.system.ServiceConfigurator.setAttribute(ServiceConfigurator
  | .java:698)
  |         at
org.jboss.system.ServiceConfigurator.configure(ServiceConfigurator.ja
  | va:332)
  |         at
org.jboss.system.ServiceConfigurator.internalInstall(ServiceConfigura
  | tor.java:460)
  |         at
org.jboss.system.ServiceConfigurator.install(ServiceConfigurator.java
  | :171)
  |         at
org.jboss.system.ServiceController.install(ServiceController.java:226
  | )
  |         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
  |         at
  | java:39)

 I thought the CacheMode must be wrong and tried around with the other modes,
with the REPL_ASYNC  I get a step further and get this:

  | 18:20:56,546 INFO  [ServiceConfigurator] Problem configuring service
jboss.cache
  | :service=MyTreeCache
  | org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: No Attribute found with name:
FetchInM
  | emoryState
  |         at
org.jboss.system.ServiceConfigurator.configure(ServiceConfigurator.ja
  | va:318)
  |         at
org.jboss.system.ServiceConfigurator.internalInstall(ServiceConfigura
  | tor.java:460)
  |         at
org.jboss.system.ServiceConfigurator.install(ServiceConfigurator.java
  | :171)
  |         at
org.jboss.system.ServiceController.install(ServiceController.java:226
  | )
  |         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
  |         at
  | java:39)
  |         at
  | sorImpl.java:25)
  |         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
  |         at
org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ReflectedDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedDispatch)

So I tryed it with the existing cahes and configured my hibernate.cfg.xml to
use :

  | <property
name="cache.provider_class">org.jboss.ejb3.entity.TreeCacheProviderHook</property>
  |             <property
name="treecache.mbean.object_name">jboss.cache:service=EJB3EntityTreeCache</property>

This works at first, but produces this on the  node of the cluster, where my
EJB's are "not called".

  | 17:47:16,078 ERROR [STDERR] java.lang.NullPointerException
  | 17:47:16,078 ERROR [STDERR]     at
org.jboss.ejb3.cache.tree.StatefulEvictionPol
  | icy.evict(StatefulEvictionPolicy.java:48)
  | 17:47:16,078 ERROR [STDERR]     at
org.jboss.cache.eviction.LRUAlgorithm.evictCa
  | cheNode(LRUAlgorithm.java:197)
  | 17:47:16,078 ERROR [STDERR]     at
org.jboss.cache.eviction.LRUAlgorithm.prune(L
  | RUAlgorithm.java:303)
  | 17:47:16,078 ERROR [STDERR]     at
org.jboss.cache.eviction.LRUAlgorithm.process
  | (LRUAlgorithm.java:55)
  | 17:47:16,078 ERROR [STDERR]     at
org.jboss.cache.eviction.EvictionTimerTask.ru
  | n(EvictionTimerTask.java:37)
  | 17:47:16,078 ERROR [STDERR]     at
java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:512
  | )
  | 17:47:16,078 ERROR [STDERR]     at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:462)

I also tried it with the "org.jboss.hibernate.cache.DeployedTreeCacheProvider"
then it seems that the "EJB3EntityTreeCache" is not looked for but .. (have a
look ->)

  | 18:37:00,312 WARN  [DeployedTreeCacheProvider] Unable to locate TreeCache
MBean
  | under object name [jboss.cache:service=HibernateTreeCache]
  | java.lang.RuntimeException: Error creating MBeanProxy:
jboss.cache:service=Hiber
  | nateTreeCache
  |         at org.jboss.mx.util.MBeanProxyExt.init(MBeanProxyExt.java:415)
  |         at org.jboss.mx.util.MBeanProxyExt.<init>(MBeanProxyExt.java:99)
  |         at org.jboss.mx.util.MBeanProxyExt.create(MBeanProxyExt.java:394)
  |         at org.jboss.mx.util.MBeanProxyExt.create(MBeanProxyExt.java:349)
  |         at
org.jboss.hibernate.cache.DeployedTreeCacheProvider.start(DeployedTre
  | eCacheProvider.java:74)
  |         at
org.hibernate.impl.SessionFactoryImpl.<init>(SessionFactoryImpl.java:
  | 180)
  |         at
org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSessionFactory(Configuration.jav
  | a:1213)
  |         at de.mediacare.test.util.HibTestUtil.<clinit>(HibTestUtil.java:22)
  |         at
de.mediacare.test.ejbean.NatPersLstSFBean.getNatPersLst(NatPersLstSFB
  | ean.java:43)
  |         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
  |         at
  | java:39)
  |         at
  | sorImpl.java:25)
  |         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
  |         at
org.jboss.aop.joinpoint.MethodInvocation.invokeNext(MethodInvocation.

So I am kind of confused on what I have to do, too do it right. Most likley I
missed some obvious config somewhere...

Sincerly
Marc

View the original post :