I've been thinking about that lately.

True newbies (meaning not been through the joys of WS4EE) would be better
served with the 181 WebServices from the WAR concept.  And you are correct that
the little tutorial doesn't address Java-based clients.  I'll have to see if
there is a way to include that as well.  I rarely use Java clients to my
Java-based Web Services, after all, Java to Java integration is often better
handled with RMI/EJB instead of SOAP.

It would be nice if the JBossWS samples had a hello world example that didn't
involve having one build.xml importing another.

As this makes it harder to setup my own "sandbox" for developing outside of the
samples file structure.   Note: if you are an Ant expert this doesn't present a
challenge in any way but for the newbie, including Ant newbie, it is a little
harder to get started.

I do realize why you have the build files based off each other but it does make
it more challenging for the novice who is looking to quickly ramp up and have
immediate success with their own little project.

We have the same challenge on the Seam project as well.  I know they are
looking to address it.

Burr

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3946718#3946718