IIOP and SOAP are marshalling protocols/message formats.  You can build
entirely different frameworks around either one of these marshalling
protocols.

JRMP is not a transport protocol, but a request dispatcher, IMHO.  So, when
Marc and Scott pull apart RMI from EJBs, JRMP will still exist, but there
will be RMI, RMI-IIOP, CORBA(IIOP), Servlets(XML-RPC, SOAP) JMX
beans/connectors/whatever listening for requests and passing them on to the
Objects that can dispatch them.

Please let's not get into a terminology battle.  I will lose it terribly :)

Bill