I have this very annoying problem, and I hope somebody here will be able to
point me in the right direction, because I feel like I have tried just about
everything.

Basicially our setup is, that we have two servers, both Windows 2003 Server
running on VMware. The one server is running as a JBoss application server
while the other is used as a dedicated Firebird database server.

This setup has previously run for years on two dedicated servers (not VMware)
without any problems, and the goal is now to migrate the application to the
VMware servers. The problem is, that when we try to run this setup we get, at
totally random it seems, this error:

org.jboss.tm.JBossRollbackException: Unable to commit,
tx=TransactionImpl:XidImpl[FormatId=257, GlobalId=appname/3469, BranchQual=,
localId=3469] status=STATUS_NO_TRANSACTION;

I happens sometime after a day, sometime after 10 minutes and it totally
crashes the application. However, if I install firebird on the same server as
jboss with exactly the same settings as the Firebird I installed on the db
server, and simply point my J2EE application towards localhost instead of my
dbserver, then everything works fine and keeps working fine, even under
extremely heavy load.

I have tried reinstalling Jboss and firebird multiple times (and different
versions), I have tried tons of different datasource configurations (and I have
a strong feeling it has nothing to do with that anyway, since it have worked
fine on our production server for quite a while). The only thing that is
different is the OS, Windows 2003 Server vs Windows 2000 Server, and that the
former is running on VMWare... any help will be greatly appreciated.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3947475#3947475

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3947475