What would cause a network registry from not sending an UPDATED notification if
a server invoker goes down?

I have a unit test that starts (in the same VM) two servers.  They each have
different invoker locator URLs - they run in the same VM - and they live in
different MBeanServers.

My unit test successfully installs a notification listener and that listener
successfully sees the ADDED and UPDATED messages when I start up both servers.
I first get the ADDED notification after I start the first server invoker - it
indicates that my VM is seen as a new server that came online.  The second
UPDATED notification is sent once I start that second server - it updates my
server VM with the second server invoker.

However, once the unit test shuts down the second server invoker and sleeps for
up to 20 seconds, it still never receives an UPDATED notification to indicate
that second invoker is down?  I was assuming I would get an UPDATED
notification once a server invoker (i.e a Connector) is shutdown.

Is that not true?  What is supposed to happen if my server VM has multiple
Connectors and one of those Connectors is shutdown?  Does a network
notification get emitted or no?

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3947865#3947865

Reply to the post :